Performance Lab is our open-access, performing arts development programme. Each year we support a number of artists to try out new ideas or explore new directions in their practice. Whether you’re just starting out or pretty well established, Proteus is here to support you to take risks and grow as an artist. We work with a wide range of artists – from playwrights to performance poets, circus artists to chorographers, live artists to puppeteers.
What you get
- Up to one week of free rehearsal space in our studio or other parts of Creation Space.
- Artistic and professional development support from our Creative Producer, Fergus Evans, and other members of the Proteus team
- The opportunity to share your ideas in front of a live audience of local residents and artists and get their feedback
What we'd like from you
We hope that you'll have a willingness to share your practice with the public – this could be through open rehearsals, a work-in-progress sharing, or just having a chat with people about what you’ve discovered during your week with us
How to apply
Performance Lab is open to anyone with an artistic idea who needs time and space to explore it. However, places are limited and are given out on a first-come, first-served basis. To secure a place, please email our Creative Producer, Fergus Evans, at firstname.lastname@example.org, answering the following questions:
- Who are you as an artist?
- What idea will you be exploring during your week with us?
- What difference will your time with us make on your arts practice?
For more information, please download our Performance Lab Information Pack.